Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer 2014

I haven't used this blog in a couple of months, but I really want to!  I love seeing the girls' creativity in their writing, and it's good practice for them to type and also to learn how to navigate and publish a blog post.  This one is my post, though, and I wanted to share what we're doing for the summer.  I don't want to worry about planning the week's school work, but I also don't want to stop school altogether.

My girls aren't happy that I bought them workbooks, printed out a summer reading challenge, and want them to practice their math facts every day, but I'm looking at a total of 30-45 minutes of work every day.  That's not terrible, right?  And if I have to resort to bribery, I will.

So here's what I've put together:
Brain Quest workbooks (still on sale!)
XtraMath (math facts practice--customizable for each child.  Each session is less than 10 minutes!)

I'm not using both of these reading challenges this year.  But I found them at the same time, and thought they were both a fun way to read away the summer.  I haven't completely decided which one I'm going to use.
Summer Reading Challenge (reading across different genres)
Summer Reading Checklist (how many places can you read a book?)

Plus, we have some day trips, camping trips, park meet-ups, crafts, and lots of relaxing to do!  Happy Summer Vacation!


1 comment:

  1. I have never seen the XtraMath site. I am going to check that out.

    ReplyDelete